Edward Burton was appointed President and Managing Director of the U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council (USSABC) in March 2006. Through this position, he works with both the public and private sectors to promote the interests of the U.S.-Saudi business relationship.
Items of key interest to US companies:
• Privatization of the country’s water industry through PPP management contracts
• An estimated $53.33 billion will be invested in water desalination projects
• The same amount will be invested in the sewage treatment sector over the next 15 years
• The Saline Water Conversion Corporation (SWCC) has a budget of $14.92 billion to create new potable water projects
• According to industry experts, Saudi Arabia has the largest market potential for recycled-water facilities due to its land capacity and willingness to invest in such projects at a national level
•The government is looking to incorporate effective practices and utilize proactive techniques for sub-surface leak detection
Opportunities exist in both the development and implementation of wastewater technologies across the kingdom.
8:00 – 8:05 am WEMI program and introduction (Hugh Constant, WTCSD)
8:05 – 8:40 am Water Technology Opportunities in Saudi Arabia (Edward Burton, U.S.-SABC)
8:40 – 8:55 am Q&A
8:55 – 9:00 am Closing Comments (Hugh Constant, WTCSD)
Please Note: Registration required for attendance. Your registration confirmation email contains the link to log into the webinar room on the day of the webinar.
If you have any questions about this webinar, please contact:
WEMI Program Manager: Lyu Lefterov email@example.com